Many years ago I started on my self discovery / spiritual journey, having no clue what to expect. I remember hearing the term “Chakra” and having no clue what it was. After some more digging I learned a Chakra is basically an energy center. We have 7 main Chakras and they correspond to certain energetic blockages and physical ailments in our body (For example: a blocked root chakra is almost always the reason behind low back pain). If you’ve never heard of chakras before, I encourage you to do a little research. They’re actually pretty interesting!
I was lucky enough to learn how to realign my own chakras so I try to do so from time to time. I’d like to say I’m always on top of it, but the truth is life gets in the way quite often and it’s not until my body starts screaming at me, that I actually pay attention. There are many signs that tell me it’s time to focus on my chakras.
1. I’m feeling mopey, unmotivated and just a lack of interest in, well… everything
2. I’m experiencing a crap ton of body pain (back pain, sore throat, constant headaches etc)
3. I feel completely out of touch with myself (almost like I’m just a machine doing day to day tasks without being physically present in my life).
4. I feel fat, ugly, self-conscious etc
5. Difficulty speaking my truth / voicing my opinions
Don’t get my wrong, this are things I can experience on any given day given my mood, my diet, my lack of sleep etc. But when it tarts to get above and behind my occasional moodiness, I know it’s time to out some time aside for myself to take care of my chakras, and I have to say, when I do, I actually feel a lot better! (Trust me, I wouldn’t be writing about it otherwise)
I’m curious to know, have you ever tried to balance your own chakras? Do you have a good understanding of what chakras are and how they affect you? Let me know in the comments!